Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Winter is here

Hey folks. Happy holidays to you. I realized today how much I love winter. I never knew. Perhaps it's the snow or the holiday lights going up everywhere...I'm not sure. But it feels warmly nostalgic and cozy. With six inches and snow still falling the other night, we had neighbors over for games and some drinks. Toby and I stayed home all day yesterday and did stuff around the house. Today the snow is melting and the sun is shining and we're about to send our Christmas cards. Life is good. I want to enjoy this feeling while it lasts. It can be fleeting.

In other news - Toby got an internship with a sustainable consulting firm just outside of Boulder! He starts in January! Yay for Toby!! It's a perfect entree into the line of work he wants to pursue. Hell yeah. I'm so proud of him.

I'm really enjoying working with my kids at the elementary school. How fascinating to watch them play. Especially in the sand. They create their own little world there and tell me stories about it. I love it. I'm really starting to love Jung and Joseph Campbell's work and want to know more about symbols and myth and how they relate to psychotherapy and healing.

I leave you with a picture of giant snowballs from the playground at my elementary school in Denver...

No comments: