Well, folks, I learned how to ski. I started in December while Toby's family was here and learned a ton from them. But something happened last weekend and I really got it. I finally understand the cultural phenomenon of the 'ski bum.' It's a blast once you can do it! I went down more advanced runs and learned how to keep my skis parallel while turning instead of doing the snowplow/pie-shaped ski thing to keep myself going slow. Hurrah! I went fast! I even kept up with Toby. I did fall a couple times, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the last few years when I tried snowboarding.
We went up to a resort called Breckenridge. What a beautiful place! We stayed in a condo nearby with 9 of our friends. It was cozy and fun to hang out with everyone and have a break from the madness that is our lives right now in school. We had gorgeous weather and good snow. We didn't get many pictures, but here's one from the top of a blue run that I did with Toby.

And this is our friend Jeremy after he jumped over a creek and landed in a huge snowdrift.

Hope you're all enjoying the end of winter! Welcome spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment