Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moving...across town and across an ocean

We are moving. Moving means many boxes piling up in our house. Full ones and still broken-down ones that people have kindly dropped off. Toby's been a maniac filling boxes and labeling them and piling them up in the second bedroom. The cat likes to climb up the wall o' boxes and sleep on top. What is it with cats and perching?

Toby and I have different packing styles. I pack slow and go through just about everything that passes through my hands before sticking it in a box. I think of the memories attached to it or flip through the pages of a book or photo album. I've found some pretty interesting stuff. Apparently, when I was at Michigan, I wrote a paper entitled, "Is the expansion of the universe accelerating?". What the fuck!? I actually knew something about that?!

We are SO excited about our new house. Once we're there, I'll try to put some pictures up. It's a proper house with front and back yard, two bedrooms and an office, washer and dryer and what really steals my heart....the dishwasher. Ahh...

We move Sunday. Then we're off to Illinois and Europe on Thursday for 5 weeks. One last big vacation before Toby starts his new job. Should be a fabulous trip seeing Toby's parent's house in France and exploring the highlands of Scotland where Toby grew up. Tough life, huh? Oh - and we're flying Virgin. HELL YEAH!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Blog update! Woo! Flying Virgin is a vacation within a vacation, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to see you two!