Tuesday, December 2, 2008

34 weeks and Election Day pics

Hello loyal friends who check my blog even when I don't post for a long time. I am grateful. I've been feeling pretty darn good still. This has been a very blessed pregnancy. I've had some issues with bones and ligaments in my pelvis moving around. That ol' tailbone injury from the jumping bridge in Springfield has come back to haunt me in a serious way. But I'm getting treatment for it and it's getting better! I'm learning how to roll over in bed without using my ab muscles. This is quite a feat I must say and is only getting more awkward as the belly grows. We're getting a king-size bed this week! WAHOO!! This should make sleeping a little easier - and will give us plenty o' room to sleep with the babe. So exciting!!! We'll be sleeping with our baby oh-so-soon! I'm so excited to meet this litte one. Lately I think it's a girl. I've had dreams and people have told me it looks like a girl and I keep saying 'she.' We'll see. We don't have a girl name picked out yet. Better get on that.


Here are the latest belly pics...Toby and I were out hiking in Boulder a couple weeks ago.

Me, my belly, my cool new shades and the Front Range

I'm a STAR!

Ooooh...I just love him.

Awwww!!!

I think Toby's the greatest thing since sliced bread. We've been trying to spend as much time together as we can. We now have a month left of it being 'just us' for a very long time. It's sad. :( We're so excited about this baby - and we're also allowing some room to grieve this time in our lives that is ending. We've been together for 7 years (as of last week)! It's been an amazing time that I am so grateful we've had.

Here's some pics of Election Day. We were at our friend, Colleen's house, just in time for the news and then headed downtown for some serious celebration.

Jon Stewart ended up being the one to tell us that Obama had won. This is a pic from soon after that moment. YES! Check!


So the whole thing happening down at Pearl St. was that on the pedestrian mall, where it crosses a main road, people were running into the road when the signal to walk came on. It was madness - dancing and shouting and running around. You can see Toby in a light blue sweatshirt. I even went in myself - it was so amazing to be celebrating with so many people. I feel like I belong in this country again.


Then, when the signal turned back to 'Don't walk', (which you can kinda see in the picture on the left), everyone would walk back to the side of the road and let the cars pass. The cars would honk and roll down their windows and whoop and holler.



WOOOOO!!!!!!!


Some fly Obama apparel.


It was quite a night! We'll be having an Obama baby. Hell yes. Maybe Baby will wait until January 20th to come into the world....maybe not. Maybe it wants to be here to watch the inauguration...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Thanks for sharing your excitement and lives with all of us. MWAH!!! --mags