No one ever told me that pregnancy hormones could be so fun! Yesterday I was stirring some peanut butter and started laughing. That's right. The peanut butter made me laugh. It was just so darn gloopy...hilarious!
I just returned from the Land o' Lincoln to see my family and go to my baby shower! It was wonderful.
I feel so grateful to have so many wonderful women in my life. Especially my Mom and sister who organized the whole thing. Thank you to all of my family and friends who came to shower me with your love and wishes and gifts. Toby and I truly appreciate all of it.
Here's some pics. My sister, Colleen, wielded the camera for me...
These women obviously own the place (my cousin, Linda and my grandma, Bernadine. Linda's daughter, Ellie, is on the left).
A wonderful time had by all, I hope.
I'm back in Boulder, now, and getting back into my routine. Which, thankfully, doesn't include all that much.
I've been marveling at the movements inside my womb. It makes me laugh when I feel a big one. It is really such a strange and delightful feeling to feel your baby move inside you. I'm in love!
I've been playing with the baby more...I push, it kicks. Amazing.
I'm trying to stay as healthy as I can - exercising, eating well and surrounding myself with love and beautiful sights, sounds and smells.
And - don't get me wrong - while I'm laughing at peanut butter and Baby's kicks - I also have moments of fear about birthing and raising this child. I feel supported in many ways around both of these things...and they're still scary to consider at times. I continue to read other women's experiences about childbirth, particularly homebirth - this helps me feel better. And I'm already hooked up with an online mom's group here in Boulder. So I'm gathering goodness around me in hopes that it will help me through the rough times ahead.
Love to you all. And happy autumn! Enjoy the abundance!
I'm back in Boulder, now, and getting back into my routine. Which, thankfully, doesn't include all that much.
I've been marveling at the movements inside my womb. It makes me laugh when I feel a big one. It is really such a strange and delightful feeling to feel your baby move inside you. I'm in love!
I've been playing with the baby more...I push, it kicks. Amazing.
I'm trying to stay as healthy as I can - exercising, eating well and surrounding myself with love and beautiful sights, sounds and smells.
And - don't get me wrong - while I'm laughing at peanut butter and Baby's kicks - I also have moments of fear about birthing and raising this child. I feel supported in many ways around both of these things...and they're still scary to consider at times. I continue to read other women's experiences about childbirth, particularly homebirth - this helps me feel better. And I'm already hooked up with an online mom's group here in Boulder. So I'm gathering goodness around me in hopes that it will help me through the rough times ahead.
Love to you all. And happy autumn! Enjoy the abundance!
1 comment:
Kelly Babe!!
It's soo good to see pics of you and to hear about your update. You push and the baby kicks? Awwwww!
You look so beautiful preggy.
Love you so much,
Dor
Post a Comment