Saturday, August 15, 2009

The six month click

Calvin is now 6 1/2 months old and a couple of weeks ago it seemed like something clicked for us with EC. It seemed that every time I took him to pee (usually in the back yard), he peed! Either I'm getting to know his cues better or he's understanding and trusting that I'll take him and so he can hold it until we go. ?? Who knows - maybe it's both. Or neither.

So that lasted a couple weeks and then things went off for a bit. Toby and I have both been stressed the last week or so and I think that impacts how we're attending to Calvin and 'listening' to him and how Calvin's feeling, too. There's been more misses lately and more dirty diapers. But this is okay. I'm wanting to allow for the ebb and flow of this process and let it naturally unfold - not fight the times when I'm not feeling tuned in and not get attached to the times when we seem to be communicating well.

This weekend we have our friends Sarah and Jeremy here with their new little bundle of joy, Cy. They are also EC'ing and having great success. Cy is almost 3 months old and is communicating his elimination needs like a champ. Sarah and Jeremy are also really attuned to him and listening to their intuition. Sarah's excitement and positivity around pee and getting peed on have inspired me. She's been keeping Cy naked for the last few days and catching a lot of pees. So I am feeling inspired and have been having Calvin naked more in the last day. No matter what happens - if he pees on the carpet, on me, on his high chair - I think it will help me reconnect and learn more about Calvin's cues.

Here's some recent pics of my sweetie and a couple of him and Cy...

Fun with food


Fun with dad



Fun with Cy!






Big Cy on his little potty

No comments: