Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here we are at 10 months


Calvin is almost a toddler these days. In this photo shoot (with my henna'ed arm), he barely kept still long enough to get a good shot. I really like this one. What a sweetie, huh?

So being a SAHM (stay at home mom) continues. The last week has felt tough...hubby working very hard and feeling drained. Mama working very hard and feeling drained. Doesn't leave a lot of energy for nurturing ourselves or our relationship. We get little bits here and there. And I think this is normal for the first year or so of a baby's life. I know we'll get through it. It's just kinda hard right now.

That being said, right now my adorable baby boy is playing by himself and happily enjoying scooting around the house finding various items to stick in his mouth.

EC is going okay. I didn't do it for a long time. A mobile baby makes for difficulty catching pees. He's pretty active and it's hard to keep an eye on him enough to catch his cues. But I've realized that there's a good time of day, 11-2, when we're playing on the floor a lot and I can devote my attention to him and notice. He really loves to be read to while he's on the potty. He's mostly been in diapers. I try to do a little bit of naked time every day. I've had some psychic moments and some not-so-psychic moments, too. I'm still glad we're doing it, even if it's very part time at the moment.

Calvin's really growing up so fast...he already has learned how to play peek-a-boo with me instead of me playing it with him...

Here's one I just took a second ago with the web cam.


Me and my baby - what a crazy bond.

No comments: